We were wed on June 13, 2009 in an evening ceremony at Mt. Vernon Place United Methodist Church in Washington, D.C….
…Followed by a reception filled with dinner, dancing, and lots of celebration with friends and family.
We honeymooned in Jamaica at the Half Moon Resort in Montego Bay and Sandals Dunns River….
And then it was back...to...the...REAL....world!
You know what? I kind of like the real world. Trav and I have had an incredible first year of marriage and I wouldn't trade one second of it!
In July 2009 we celebrated the 4th of July with “Ma” and “Pa” (a.k.a Larry and Alice Wheaton) in Washington D.C…..
And of course, our first Thanksgiving—we couldn’t make it back to Tennessee do to our work schedules, but we cooked a fantastic feast (which included Emeril Lagasse’s brined and roasted turkey recipe.)
In December, both of our families “skipped” Christmas, so we were fortunate to spend time in the Dominican Republic with the Wheaton’s…..
And time in Costa Rica with the Greaves.
We rang in the New Year and survived Snowmageddon 2010….
And I even survived Travis’s mustache (all 30 minutes of it)!
Happy Anniversary Trav! Here’s to many many more!

