I know. Not cute….but I always wear the most impractical shoes, and then I’m miserable, etc. etc. If you ever see me in a fanny pack, I do beg that one of you PLEASE phone me immediately to encourage an alternative!
Anyway, Boston….I absolutely love this city! Like DC, it’s clean, pedestrian friendly (um, maybe that’s not DC), beautiful, and full of history. We started our day with lunch at Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge, MA, followed by a tour of a little school called “Hahvahd”. It was a riot. The tour was led by students, and both Trav and I agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip.
We spent the rest of the afternoon on a Travis-guided walking tour of Cambridge and Boston, which included stops at MIT, the Charles River, Newbury Street, the Boston Public Garden, and Boston Common. I was thankful for my comfy shoes!
We ended Day 1 of our trip with a lovely dinner at Stephanie's on Newbury, another evening stroll around Boston (I left the running shoes at the hotel, no worries), and a restful night of sleep.