Thursday, December 9, 2010

Carve me!

For me, the most wonderful time of the year is most certainly THANKSGIVING! Ahhh… the stuffing, the bread, the mac n’ cheese, the pie…..
And oh yes, the real reason for the season: What a wonderful time of celebratation with family and loved ones! Trav and I were fortunate this year to spend a long weekend in Tennessee, and although it was busy, we were thankful to get to see most of our family members and eat THREE Thanksgivings (and I’m not going to lie, I felt fortunate that leggings were an acceptable fashion choice in 2010. Leggings + Thanksgiving = Bliss)!

Meal #1

Jackson and his girlfriend, Shaylee
Pa, Trav, me, and Ma at my grandmother's house



Trav and Momma Jan at the UT game
So what are you thankful for? For me, this year has made me incredibly aware of the importance of focusing on the things in life that matter, and especially the importance of cherishing every moment with the people that matter. Here is my (brief) list of some things I am most thankful for:
·         My faith.
·         Travis. Enough said.
·         My amazing, loving, supportive family. And in conjunction with item 1 above, my hubby’s amazing, loving, supportive family.
·         Friends who make me laugh, and especially my long-distance amigas who keep it real, despite the miles that separate us.
·          My health.
·         My job, especially the fact that it’s only a 10 minute walk from home! And thankful busy season only happens once a year!
·         Washington DC. Ok, it’s realllly cold for part of the year, but I really love living in such a pretty city, getting to meet interesting people, and yes, most of the time I actually enjoy the extra exercise I get from walking!